Google My Business Listings are a free and easy way for businesses to control their online presence. A verified Google listing allows businesses to track customer interactions and reviews and promote their products and services. GMB also offers a suite of tools to help companies grow their business.
1. How GMB can help your business
Google My Business (GMB) is a free listing service that allows businesses to control their online presence with a verified Google listing. They also offer a suite of tools to help companies promote their products and services, including tracking customer interactions and reviews.
GMB is an indispensable tool for businesses looking to start boosting their local SEO because it helps them get found online. Your listings appear in Google search results, and companies can use GMB to add photos, videos, and product information to their listings. They also allow businesses to track customer interactions, such as phone calls and visits to their website, to see how customers are interacting with their company. This information can help businesses improve their marketing efforts and create a better customer experience.
2. The steps to creating a GMB listing
Here’s a list of the steps to create an optimized Google My Business listing:
Set up your GMB business page.
1. Log in to Google Maps and click the red pencil icon next to your business name.
2. Click the blue “Create a free page” button.
3. Follow the prompts to complete your business’s information, including hours of operation, address, phone number, website URL, and more.
4. Verify your business to get started.
5. Once verification is complete, you’ll be able to manage your listing online.
6. Connect with customers by adding photos, videos, and messages.
Now that you’ve done that, it’s time to optimize your listing with Google My Business.
1. Pick a category for your business based on your primary business type (ex: “Italian Restaurant,” “Office Supplies,” “Law Firm”).
2. Update your hours of operation, add photos, and type out descriptions of your business.
3. Add the categories that apply to your business, so customers can find you when they search for those terms.
4. Claim and set up your listing on Google My Business by clicking the “Claim this business” button, then filling in your business name and address.
5. Write a compelling description that includes the value you offer to customers, as well as keywords that describe your business (ex: “Italian restaurant with gluten-free menu”).
6. Add your business information to Google Maps by clicking the blue “Edit” button next to your listing and filling in the required information.
7. Add photos representing your business well, then share them with customers on Google Maps or Google+.
8. Monitor your listing by checking the “Activity” tab to see what customers are saying about your business and responding to reviews as needed.
3. The different tools offered by GMB
The different tools offered by Google My Business include:
- The ability to track customer interactions and reviews
- A verified Google listing
- Tools to help promote products and services
- The ability to control your online presence
4. Tips and tricks for optimizing your website and GMB listing
There are a few tips and tricks for optimizing your website and Google My Business listing. One of the most important things is to make sure that your website is up-to-date and correctly reflects your business. You should also ensure that your GMB listing is accurate and includes all relevant information (e.g., hours, contact info, products/services offered, etc.). You can also use GMB to track customer interactions and reviews, which can help track the success of your marketing campaigns.
Doing a few things to optimize your website and GMB listing goes a long way. These actions will help you attract more business and gain legitimacy. And this is important, especially if you are a local business with customers in the area. After all, customers want to see that your business is legitimate and trustworthy. Following these few steps will also help you attract more traffic to your website and GMB profile, which may increase sales.
Google My Business is a free listing service that businesses can use to control their online presence. It allows you to create and manage your business’s verified Google listings, track customer interactions with the help of reviews and ratings, as well as optimize local search engine results for both customers looking on their phone or searching from home on a computer. Suppose you want more information about how this platform could benefit your business. In that case, we recommend checking out our blog post, which details what GMB offers to small-to-medium-sized companies across the country. This will allow you to grow your company’s visibility through digital marketing techniques like SEO. Check it out today if these tools sound intriguing.